We are hosting this years annual Summer Wine Tasting in the Terrace Suite at The Eagle at Barrow on Sunday 14th August.
This tasting is one of our popular walk-around tastings, one of our biggest events of the year, where we invite about 10 of our top wine, beer and spirits suppliers, to come and present their wares to you. Tickets for these tastings are always in high demand, and they are now available to buy.
Here are some of the highlight’s of this year’s tasting….
- A sample of our newest (secret!) Gin in a mini G&T for every guest on arrival
- Superb cheeses from award winning cheese shop Cheesie Tchaikovsky
- Excllent music from talented classical harpist Oona Linnett
- Loads of special one day offers and prize draws including the chance to win a 3 Ltr Jeroboam of Cannonball Cabernet Sauvignon worth £80!
- And of course loads of fantastic wines such as…
- Deutz, Janison and Taittinger Champagnes
- A dozen different Rose’s
- Classic Whites like …Vincent Gaudray Sancerre and Jean Goulley 1er Cru Chablis
- Classic Reds like… Louis Jadot Premier Cru Beaune and a range from Beronia in Rioja
- Fabulous Pinot Noir such as… The Folk Machine from California and Dalrymple from Tasmania
- Exciting NZ Sauvignon’s like… Yealands and Auntsfield.
- Something that little bit different with grape varieties like – Txaxoli, Pecorino, Assyrtiko and Graciano
- Also one of our favourite Gins… Audemus Pink Peppercorn Gin.
What’s more, we have agreed with The Eagle at Barrow that everyone who attends will get 10% OFF their food bill if they dine there on the day! So why not grab some lunch or dinner too!
This informal tasting allows you the chance to try 80 to 100 wines. You will be given a glass and a room guide on arrival after which you are free to walk around and taste any of the wines, spirits or beers we have on show, and chat with the importers or sometimes the winemakers themselves. Whilst we don’t suggest you try to taste ALL the drinks (what a hangover that would be!)… you have a great opportunity to try a range of different grapes and styles you may never have had the chance to before, and lots of new wines too. This tasting lasts 3 hours and you are free to arrive at your leisure within this given time. We do suggest you allow at least 2 hours to taste everything you wish. You will also enjoy entertainment and light bites provided.
We are now taking bookings for this event. So why not join us to celebrate Summer… and sample some of our favourite wines for the summer months! We guarantee you’ll find a new favourite wine here too! You have the opportunity to order on the day, and take advantage of a whole host of special offers too, it couldn’t be easier to stock up for Summer!
There are two identical tastings, one in the afternoon from 1pm to 4pm, and the other in the evening from 5pm to 8pm. Please mention which sitting you would like at the time of booking. The price is £15.
You can reserve tickets in one of three ways. Just come into the shop, or ring us on 01254 822581, or e-mail email@example.com. Couldn’t be easier!
The Whalley Wine Shop Team.