New Wine Tasting, New Wines By The Glass, and a Superb Prosecco at £3 a Glass!
Book Now for Beaujolais Tasting – We are pleased to announce we will be hosting a tasting of Beaujolais wines on Wednesday 16th July 2014. Following the resounding success of our Alsace tasting we will again be holding the event in the new conservatory at Mitton Hall. Guests will enjoy a glass of Champagne on arrival followed by eight wines from the various crus of Beaujolais. Due to the nature of Beaujolais the tasting will consist of seven red wines with a rose to start.
We will be guided through the region and each of the wines by Rob MacCulloch of Domaine Direct who is currently studying for his Master of Wine qualification. We are very lucky that he could spare us the time to visit us so don’t miss out on his expertise. The evening will start at 6.30pm arrival for a 7.00pm start. Tickets are limited so be sure to book now for this fabulous evening. Tickets priced at £20 each. Call 01254 822581 to book or email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Wines available By The Glass – We have just put 8 new wines in our BTG dispenser. The theme this month is Pinot Noir, three from Burgundy, and three from the New World. The three from Burgundy come from three different regions, one from the the north Cote de Nuits (Gevrey), one from central (Grappin) and one from the south, Cotes de Beaune (Volnay). This gives you the opportunity to sample different flavours due to climate and terroir. Here are the wines….
- Domaine Rossignol-Trapet, Gevrey-Chambertin Vielles Vignes, 2007, Pinot Noir. Burgundy, France
- Le Grappin, Beaune Premier Cru, “Boucherottes”, 2012, Pinot Noir. Burgundy, France
- Louis Jadot, Volney Premier Cru, “Clos De La Barre”, 2003, Pinot Noir. Burgundy, France
- Lowburn Ferry, “Home Block”, 2011, Pinot Noir, Central Otago, New Zealand.
- Moss Wood, Mornington Peninsula, 2010, Pinot Noir, South Australia.
- Heru, 2010, Pinot Noir. Casablanca Valley, Chile.
- Reichsgraf Von Kesselstatt, 2011, Weissburgunder (Pinot Blanc). Germany
- Querciabella, Batar, 2011, Pinot Blanc/Chardonnay. Italy
Prosecco at just £3 a glass! – If you’re out and about in Whalley, do call in and enjoy a nice glass of chilled Prosecco for just £3. We have a special promotion on The Sacchetto Fili Prosecco, a delicious, superb looking, extra dry Prosecco from the Veneto region. And, if you enjoy it, you might like our special introductory offer, it is normally £11.49 a bottle but we have it on promotion at £9.99.
Tom, Dan, Matt and Jen.